Frequently Asked Questions
1. What sleep disorders can a BESS Polysomnography system diagnose?
-> It can diagnose a range of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome and insomnia.
2. How long does a Polysomnography test take?
-> A BESS Polysomnography test typically take one night.
1. What is an EEG amplifier?
-> An EEG amplifier is a device that amplifies the electrical signals generated by the brain, which are recorded through electrodes placed on the scalp.
2. Does your range of amplifiers work for recording other types of signals?
-> Yes, Our amplifiers can be used to record other types of biosignals namely EEG,ERP,PSG & EOG.
1. What is the software called and what’s its purpose?
-> The software is called BESS software. The purpose of the software is to analyze and process EEG data.
2. What are some common applications of BESS software?
-> BESS software is commonly used in neuroscience research to study various cognitive and physiological processes, such as attention, memory, and emotion. It can also be used in clinical settings to diagnose and monitor conditions such as epilepsy and sleep disorders.
1. What should I expect during a neurofeedback session?
->During a neurofeedback session, electrodes will be placed on your scalp and you will be asked to relax and stay still. You will receive visual or auditory feedback based on your brain activity. Sessions typically last 30-60 minutes.
1. Who can benefit from using the device?
-> Our device can benefit individuals looking to improve their cognitive function, manage symptoms of a mental health condition, or reduce chronic pain.
1. What is cognitive assessment?
-> Cognitive assessment is the process of evaluating an individual’s cognitive function and performance, including memory, attention, language, and executive function.
2. How is cognitive assessment conducted?
-> Cognitive assessment can be conducted using a variety of tools and technologies, including neuropsychological assessments, computerized cognitive assessments, and brain imaging technologies.
Sleep deprivation chamber
1. What kind of research can be conducted using the sleep deprivation chamber?
-> The sleep deprivation chamber can be used to study the effects of sleep deprivation on various physiological, behavioral, and cognitive functions in animals.
2. What are the ethical considerations of using a sleep deprivation chamber for animal research?
-> The use of sleep deprivation chambers for animal research raises ethical concerns and requires careful consideration of animal welfare. Researchers must adhere to ethical guidelines and regulations governing animal research.
1. What are maze solutions for animal research?
-> Maze solutions are specialized tools designed to help researchers study animal behavior by observing how animals navigate through mazes that are specifically designed to stimulate and test different cognitive and emotional functions.
2. What types of mazes do you offer?
-> We offer a range of mazes, including T mazes, Plus mazes, Elevated Plus mazes, Open field tests, and Social Interaction chambers, each designed to test different aspects of animal behavior and cognition.
Behavioural video tracking
1. Is the software user-friendly?
->Yes, the software features a user-friendly interface that allows researchers to easily set up experiments, collect data, and analyze results.
Automated sleep scoring
1. What is automated sleep scoring software?
-> Automated sleep scoring software is a computer program that uses advanced algorithms to automatically score sleep stages, duration, and efficiency using Polysomnography (PSG) data.